I'm looking for a road bike

Go down

I'm looking for a road bike

Post  UFGADR on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:57 pm

I'm 5'8" and have a Speciailized road bike that's a little too small. I'd like to buy a new bike, but don't want to spend that money right now. If anyone has a bike that's too big or that you just want to get rid of, let me know.

UFGADR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm looking for a road bike

Post  monkey on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:26 pm

I have a Cannondale R400 that is about 4 years old. I believe it's a 60 cm bike, so it may be too large, but if your interested let me know.
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Road Bike Wanted

Post  zeke on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:24 am

Please let me know if anyone has a road bike- I am just getting back into tri's after a long time off...Been running...

I need a 56..I am told..Height is 5.10...

I would be open to suggestions....regarding sites or places to find a good road bike..

Thanks

zeke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey on Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:13 pm

A lot of people on the tri website I subscribe to like bikesdirect.com I strongly recommend going to a local bike shop and getting fitted for the bike you want to buy, if your going to be spending that much money, you want to make sure it comfortable. I like Bents Schwinn a lot, the people there are very trustworthy and won't sell you more of a bike than you need. They stock Cannondale,Giant, and Specialized. There is also a Trek dealer on the north side of town. University Bike Center in Tampa is a great bike shop too, they have a lot of the same bikes as Bent's, but are bigger and may have more available. University Center also has a website which is http://ridingbicycles.com/index.cfm Lakeland Trek's website is http://lakelandtrek.com/
Hope that helps.
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rundmd on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:58 pm

I have to agree if you are looking to get into anything longer than a sprint tri or even train long rides you need a bike that fits you. Getting the right size bike is of course the first step but i recommend getting fitted by a professional. I use Adam Baskin at Cat One Coaching. He has fit me on all my bikes and i have never had any issues. It cost about $200 to get your bike fitted by a pro but it is worth it especially since most people keep there bike for awhile. Some bike shops can fit you in a general way but if you are having any knee or hip or back issues after the fit i would look into adam or another professional bike fitter. Injuries can sideline you for months only to get back on the bike and have it happen again....my friends get sick of me telling them they need to get fit but it totally makes a difference!!
rundmd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down