Next Season

Go down

Next Season

Post  Chopper Reid on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:07 pm

Might be getting a little ahead of myself, but I'm already starting to think about next year. Until recently, I never thought I would even desire venturing outside of the sprint distances but my thinking is beginning to change as far as challenges go. Of course, these thoughts could be short lived, but I'm looking at a 1/2 ironman for next season (not quite ready to jump on a full ironman distance yet). Is anyone else looking at training for these distances next season? Which races are you considering?
Chopper Reid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Season

Post  monkey on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:07 pm

I may be interested in a HIM at the end of the season. My plan is for next year to be the year of OLY, and it would be nice to finish the year with HIM, maybe. I need to see if my new schedule permits me to. Shocked
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopper Reid on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:39 am

I'm planning to do a half at the end of the season with a few oly's mixed in. Don't forget about the xterra race we talked about!
Chopper Reid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:45 am

Float Hammer Jog wrote:I'm planning to do a half at the end of the season with a few oly's mixed in. Don't forget about the xterra race we talked about!

Absolutely, I'm am totally down for the Xterra. How's your new Mtn Bike treating you?
monkey
Sprint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopper Reid on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:58 am

I ride it to the neighborhood pool and back, that's it! Let me know when you go out to Carter park next time. I need to get it dirty.
Chopper Reid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Jones on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:10 pm

Anyone looking for a good 1/2 Iron Man next season should sign up for the Florida Ford Ironman 70.3 series race at Disney. I have already registered and it would be great to have other Landsharks there (and to train with for the race!). Information: http://ironman.com/events/ironman70.3/florida70.3

Also consider doing St. Anthony's Triathlon as a great warmup in late April 2009. You HAVE to sign up THE DAY this race opens for registration (I think it is December 1st). Because it is closed in about 3-4 hours. Here is the website to check out the details. Next year will be my third year for doing this race and it just keeps getting better and bigger each year (5000+ athletes, can you believe it!). http://www.satriathlon.com/

To cap off 2009 with a real bang, at least two (maybe more) landsharks are going to tackle the full Ironman in Louisville, Kentucky next year. http://ironman.com/events/ironman/louisville
Brian Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down